Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Handbook of friendship!

A lot of people take me to be very "complicated". They feel I have a "sort of a split personality". So, I thought of providing you with a list of qualities, rather a list of mutual agreements, which everyone expects to have with a friend. Consider this as a gift I am expecting this Friendship's Day.

The list of "do's" and "don'ts" as a friend :-
  • Don't be judgemental : The very first thing that draws someone towards another person is the trust that "I can be 'ME' in front of him/her". If one gets a feeling that they're under the scanner for every move they make and every word they say, they are bound to feel imprisoned. Be a বন্ধু, not a boss. Be a comrade, not a commander. 
  • Don't hear, listen : As the most famous communication funda under the marketing management goes, listen, don't just hear. You might hear things which make no sense, but if you try to LISTEN to what one says, you will feel definitely feel a lot more content.
  • Don't gossip : Never gossip about anyone to me. Especially if I don't know the person you are gossiping about. All it does is create an image of a person, whom I don't even know. No one is interested in knowing about others anyway. Everyone is a tad too busy with their lives, so who cares!
  • Do listen to things which are unsaid- they generally mean the most : People generally talk about the least important things all day long. They talk balderdash when in a good mood, and the talks become even more gibberish when they are low. It's the words unsaid that matter the most. 
  • Do choose your words most carefully : The words chosen when trying to prove a point should be done with utmost care. They generally hurt the most, specially when the other person knows the value of words. This might feel a bit awkward to read, but personal experiences made me write this. After all, it's the words of a near one that hurt more than an enemy's. 
  • Don't take someone too seriously all the time : At times people do forget to call you, to message you, to meet you, it never means that you have been forgotten. Don't take people too seriously all the time, it makes them behave formally. 

I meant to write all this to make people know me better in the process. But these are, after all, what everyone expects. 

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
~Albert Camus 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with some. Well written, but not as good as you normally do. I'd give this a 6.

    ReplyDelete